TGA Premier Junior Golf, one of the fastest growing junior golf organizations and a leading initiative to grow junior golf in the world, has teamed up with Silver Creek Golf Course to bring weekly summer camps to local junior golfers this July and August.
Each day of summer camp includes golf instruction (full swing, putting and chipping), physical activity and games, rules and etiquette lessons and a character development theme such as sportsmanship, honesty, cooperation or respect.
The Soo Thunderbirds hit the road on April 21st to get ready for game six of the Copeland McNamara Cup in Kirkland Lake to face the Gold Miners. The Thunderbirds took games one and five while the Gold Miners have won games two, three and four. The Soo has their backs against the wall and need the win in game six at the Joe Mavrinac Community Complex in Kirkland Lake on April 22nd in NOJHL playoff action.
In Summerside, PEI, team Jacobs finished their season in the Grand Slam of Curling Player's Championships.
Team Jacobs advanced to the quarter-final with a record of 3 - 2 in the round robin of the championships. In the quarter-final, Jacobs and team defeated Alberta's Team Koe with a score of 7 - 6. In the semi-final 6 - 4 win over team Gushue from Newfoundland, team Jacobs earned a chance to face team Martin in the final of the Player's Championships.
- Thunderbirds Send the Copeland McNamara Cup Series Back to Kirkland Lake
- Gold Miners Up 3 - 1 in NOJHL Copeland McNamara Cup Final Series Over Thunderbirds
- Saultsports/Mrs.B's Announces March Athlete of the Month
- Gold Miners Take 2 - 1 Series lead With OT Win Over Thunderbirds
- Big Game in Kirkland Lake for Soo Thunderbirds and Gold Miners in NOJHL Copeland McNamara Cup Series